Tiny Home RV
Making the most of every inch, these functional Tiny Homes prove that bigger is not always better. It's a trend that's growing in popularity: Houses are shrinking. Homeowners keen on downsizing have begun learning how to pack essential functionality into less square footage, and are doing so with style!
This 12-week part-time program is scheduled to begin in the fall of 2018. It combines practical hands-on construction training with essential theory instruction. Students graduate with a well-rounded, relevant skill set, experience and safety certifications for an entry level position in the construction industry.
We strongly encourage all interested applicants to apply, as The Centre for Skills Development & Training strives to create a diverse environment in which provides equal opportunity that prohibits any form of discrimination.
The purpose of the Tiny Home RV Program is to expose students to the processes and skills needed to construct a typical residential dwelling as well as explore some of the many skilled trades careers associated with residential construction.
Areas of focus for the program are to:
- Safely develop life-long basic construction skills in a supportive environment
- Utilize a variety of hand tools, portable power tools and stationary power tools
- Investigate and demonstrate construction techniques required in a typical residential dwelling
- Construct projects indicative of personal skills levels and appropriate to community needs
- Become aware of the many different occupations required to bring a house to completion
This program is for you if:
- You are intrigued by the concept of building a Tiny Home RV
- You like to work with your hands
- You learn by doing (not sitting at a desk)
- You like working with tools
- You want to gain essential construction skills to be employed in the industry
- You have a good comprehension and knowledge of basic math
During this 12-week part-time program students will get hands-on, construction training in:
- Framing techniques
- Hand & power tools
- Drywall and taping
- Interior & exterior finishes
- Eco friendly materials
- Intro to subtrades
- Doors & windows installation
- Flooring installation
- Basic finish carpentry
- Ontario Building Code
- Safety certifications
Need more information?
Review our frequently asked questions.
For more information about the Tiny Home RV program, please contact email@example.com or 905-333-3499 x 321.
For information about Skilled Trades Training, or to arrange a personal orientation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 905.333.3499 x 321
For information about hiring a skilled trades graduate, please contact: Mike Harwood: email@example.com or 905.333.3499 x 107 / 1.888.315.5521 x 107