Are you new to Canada and Halton? Get the help you need to settle in Canada with these services.
Settlement Information Specialists
The Centre’s Settlement Information Specialists can answer your questions about settling into Halton.
Get information about:
- Banking in Canada
- Getting a driver’s licence
- Accessing health care
- Getting work
- Finding child care
- PR card application / renewal
- Citizenship application
- Special classes during summer (pronunciation, English to succeed, citizenship)
Appointments are available in Burlington, Milton, Georgetown and Oakville.
For more information, please call:
- Burlington: Maria Brzeska at 905.333.3499 x 196
- Millcroft, Burlington: Gayane Petrosyan at 905.336.5444 x 102
- Millcroft: Alice Maroti at 905.336.5444 x103
- Oakville: Judy Roeder Gumbs at 905.847.8345 x 102 (from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Milton/Georgetown: Alex Harchenko at 905.693.8103 x 204 and Hind Kassem at 905.693.8103 x 208 (Milton hours are 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
Commissioner of Oaths
You might need a Commissioner of Oaths to apply for a passport, verify foreign language transcripts, verify translation of documents, sign official documents, and more.
Get free assistance from The Centre’s Commissioner of Oaths with signing declarations regarding:
- Residency in Ontario
- Legal name change and birth name correction
- Translation of passport pages
- Invitation letter for parent and family members to visit Canada
- Parental consent for children travelling abroad
- Identify declaration as per request of the requesting body/organization
- Proof of Life
- Certifying copies of:
- Birth certificate
- Permanent resident card
- Canadian citizenship certificate
- Foreign university and college diplomas
To make an appointment with a Commissioner of Oaths nearest you, please contact:
If you live near Burlington contact:
Maria Brzeska, Commissioner of Oaths
905.333.3499 x 196 / 1.888.315.5521 x 196
If you live near Milton or Mississauga contact:
Alex Harchenko, Commissioner of Oaths
905.693.8103 x 204
Newcomers Conversation Circle
Join us at the Glen Abbey Public Library in Oakville every Wednesday night from 7-8:30 pm. Improve your English conversation skills in a relaxed atmosphere and build your speaking confidence. Come out and share your experiences, learn about your community, and discover what the library has to offer!
The Newcomers Network welcomes new volunteers to its team!
Need more information?
For more information please contact Gayane Petrosyan, Settlement Information Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org or 905.336.5444 x 102